This is Part 3 of our series on Language Disorders and Development. In this episode, Cynthia and Dana answer some questions that were asked after their session on Language Development and Disorders in March 2021. You can watch the first two parts of this series here:
Some of the questions addressed in this episode are:
- The difference between a delay and a disorder
- The difference between language and communication
- Helping students with language problems
- When parents understand a child but others don’t
- Why to bother with a diagnosis if I think my child will grow out of it
- Heredity vs lack of stimulation
- What to do when strategies aren’t working
- Helping students who speak multiple languages
The post Language Development & Disorders: Q&A (Episode 12) appeared first on Disability Programs Specialized Services.
Originally published as Language Development & Disorders: Q&A (Episode 12) at Disability Programs Specialized Services
Subscription RSS Feed: https://www.disabilityprogramsspecializedservices.org:/feed/podcast
Keep up with podcasts like this
If you find resources like this helpful, consider subscribing to our newsletter so you can have the latest news, analyses, podcasts, and videos mailed to you.
We'd really like to hear what you think about any of the podcasts we share here, our site, or anything we can do to be more useful for you. Thank you!